Using my digital files, you can print your pattern at home or your local copy shop. (Please note that since a digital file is sent almost immediately after payment there can be no refunds on PDF purchases.)
This soft sculpture octopus was originally designed as a statement decor piece and is as much for adults, if not more so, than for kids. Don't get me wrong, children cannot take their eyes off these pieces and making one as a gift is pretty much a guaranteed win. :) Everyone who has made this so far is also pleasantly surprised by how simple it is to assemble - there are actually very few curves and it's also economic on fabric. Trust me, you'll be making more than just one of these!
The finished octopus will measure approximately 12" (30cm) from the base to the top of the head and 30" (76cm) from arm tip to arm tip. My original design uses simple pattern pieces to allow you to practise skills such as pinning and sewing gentle curves, top stitching and a small amount of hand stitch finishing.
After you complete your purchase, you will first be emailed a confirmation of purchase, then a few minutes later a second email with a link to your file which you will be able to download up to 3 times. The Octopus pattern comes in three parts:
- Step by step, colour photograph instructions. The file quality is formatted to be best viewed on a screen but it is printable. If this is a concern then you can purchase my printed pattern (in black and white) and it will be mailed to you.
- The sewing pattern in letter or A4 format for use on any home printer and only require four sheets of paper.
- The sewing pattern in a single “copy shop” file, formatted to a standard 11 x 17 inches (tabloid).
If you would like to save yourself time from taping and assembling my patterns at home, you can print the larger copyshop files at any copyshop with a professional size printer. I've included a message typed on the copyshop pattern making it permissible to print copies for individual use.
DIRECTIONS FOR PRINTING AT COPYSHOPS
- My copyshop files are copyright protected and can be viewed and printed from a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat or Reader, or Mac Preview.
- The copyshop must print at “no scaling” or 100% scaling to ensure the scale is correct.